Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hmm….Update eh?

OK…really not that much is new except on the living arrangements front.

We’re more or less house hunting now. It’s a little different, I didn’t think we’d be doing this for a while, but I guess with getting married in May we should get a move on. We have a few options. So far we haven’t applied for any sort of mortgage, but we have our 10% down payment and want to have something to move in for when we’re married.

We have the two obvious options….

We could build. We could buy a property just out in the country near where we currently live, for a decent amount, and build! Which being in the architectural industry, is something that I’d RATHER do. But that takes more time, there is buying the land, surveys, resurfacing….excavating…etc etc. Then there is the building, that would take another couple months. BUT BUT BUT, with me being in the industry and my man being an electrician we could cut some costs in half. Plus we have family and friend that are in construction or have a trade that they can do, so that cuts some labour costs. So we could SAVE money….Considering our current job locations and the house costs to buy building is our BEST option!

But then again, I’d rather build the house of my dreams than build a house we can just afford right now. In my opinion why not go all the way, we're just going to be moving in a couple years anyways.... So our second option is to buy…BUT where? I work in Mississauga. I don’t want to live in Mississauga and its too $$$. SO we have Brampton, but BLECK, crummy housing or asking TOO much for TOO little. SO there is Orangeville, kinda far, but cleaner and quieter. Or Georgetown…again, farther but cleaner and MUCH nicer. Or Oakville….too $$$… Or Milton…too far? Or Hamilton/Burlington?…is that too far? I don’t think its too far, but its RIGHT where all that rush hour traffic goes…..EKKK GAD, we need help!

Any suggestions, or any commuters that want to give me a heads up on a good town or place within decent driving range of Mississauga??? I don’t mind an hour drive, BUT I don’t want an hour drive from one shitty city to another shitty city! Lol…I know I’m rude! Please help!
So now you see, this might be what consumes my life for the next few months…oh that and wedding planning…lol

This weekend my girls and I are going to a wedding show, which should be a blast. Since it’s the first time my MOH meets the other new girl in the party. She’s really wicked though, so I know they will all get along!!

Anyways…hope everyone had a wicked new years and a merry Christmas!

Good luck in 2007!!!

8 Comments:

At 6:09 PM , Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

You probably already thought of this but what about:
Meadowvale
Streetsville
Huttonville
Norval
Hornby
Malton
Etobicoke
Clarkson

Where does your fiance work anyway? Why don't you try the smaller towns? They're bound to have cheaper places aren't they?

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Beezaleez said...

Most of those are considered Mississauga, and way too $$$....Nothing nice enough in our price range. But it was worth a try! Thanks for the ideas.

He works in the GTA, right now its the Upper Canada School board, so he's doing all the schools electrical work. He travels, so where ever I want to move he's ok with.

Small towns like Acton are cheaper. But small towns surrounding the GTA are actually pretty popular. If you have any suggestions tho I'd love to check them out too, just to make sure.

Thanks!

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

Are you trying to tell me that Norval and Hornby are too expensive? Have you BEEN to those places?

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

ok, under no circumstances move to brampton-i hate this place and have since before i moved here(i was forced to live here)-that's my honest opinion

i grew up in etobicoke, islington/the westway area-a lot of older people, but nice, kinda expensive. i do like etobicoke.

milton is nice, but depending where you are in mississauga, that can be quite a drive to and from work.

good luck with the decision :)

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

update

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

update

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger RocksAndChairs said...

UPDATE

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Beez,
You can come move to Southern California where a 951 sq. foot house is going for $400,000. Talk about expensive.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home